- Spark Health Navigation does not examine, diagnose or treat patients, prescribe medications, or otherwise manage any medical condition.
- Spark Health Navigation does not replace medical care provided by your doctor or other health care professional.
- Spark does not make decisions for, or on behalf of, a client.
- Spark will serve primarily as a medical interpreter if accompanying you to doctor’s appointments.
- Spark Health Navigation cannot guarantee specific medical or financial outcomes.
- Information provided on this website and as part of a client agreement is not a substitute for professional medical, legal or financial advice.
Code of Ethics and ADA/Inclusion Policy
- As Board Certified Patient Advocate, Pamela adheres to a professional code that consists of Principles, Ethical Standards and a Code of Conduct, and maintains core competencies and best practices required by the Patient Advocate Certification Board.
- Spark Health Navigation complies with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) as a matter of principle.
- Spark Health Navigation informs clients about the limits of the scope of practice and advises them within a defined area of proficiency. If a client’s needs are outside the scope of the Spark practice, Pamela refers them to qualified alternate professionals.
- Spark Health Navigation does not discriminate and is fully inclusive, serving all people regardless of ethnicity, sexuality, gender identification or religious beliefs. Spark Health Navigation complies with the principles of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Privacy and Confidentiality
- All information you share with Spark Health Navigation is confidential.
- Spark Health Navigation respects your privacy and will request access to information that is relevant to our scope of work and only shared if authorized by you.
- Appropriate measures are in place, physically and electronically, to protect your confidential information on a HIPAA-compliant service.
- Your interactions with Spark Health Navigation, verbal and written, are strictly confidential.
- Spark Health Navigation does not share client medical information with anyone other than the designated parties you assign.