- I do not examine, diagnose or treat patients, prescribe medications, or otherwise manage any medical condition.
- I do not replace medical care provided by your doctor or other health care professional.
- I do not make decisions for, or on behalf of, a client.
- I will serve primarily as a medical interpreter if accompanying you to doctor’s appointments.
- I cannot guarantee specific medical or financial outcomes.
- Information provided on this website and as part of a client agreement is not a substitute for professional medical, legal or financial advice.
Code of Ethics and ADA/Inclusion Policy
- As a Board-Certified Patient Advocate, I adhere to a professional code that consists of Principles, Ethical Standards and a Code of Conduct, and maintain core competencies and best practices required by the Patient Advocate
Certification Board (PACB).
- I comply with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) as a matter of principle.
- I inform clients about the limits of my scope of practice and advise them within a defined area of proficiency. If a client’s needs are outside the scope of the Spark practice, I refer them to qualified alternate professionals or suggest a collaboration that includes a secondary specialist patient advocate.
- Spark Health Navigation does not discriminate and is fully inclusive, serving all people regardless of ethnicity, sexuality, gender identification or religious beliefs. Spark Health Navigation complies with the principles of the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Privacy and Confidentiality
- All information you share with me is confidential.
- I respect your privacy and will request access to information that is relevant to our scope of work and only shared if authorized by you.
- Appropriate measures are in place, physically and electronically, to protect your confidential information on a HIPAA-compliant service.
- Your interactions with me, verbal and written, are strictly confidential.
- I do not share client information with anyone other than the designated parties you assign.